Monday, January 24, 2011

Chocolate Valentine's Day Cake ~ Nordic Ware Decorative Heart Pan

This lovely Decorative Heart Pan is made by Nordic Ware . The recipe is on the label and is delicious.
After buttering the pan I added fine sugar crystals in the design area to lighten up the pattern. I whirled my granulated sugar in a food processor for a few minutes to make the crystals fine.
I did use a coffee liqueur syrup on this cake, after it came out of the mold.
This cake doesn't need frosting. Serve it with a dab of Hershey's Chocolate Syrup or with some ice cream . This is a tall 10 cup ~ one layer cake.
Looking forward to Valentines Day!

8 comments:

  1. The very first Valentine's post on the blogs!
    What a beautiful pan. Nordic Ware sure does make the most attractive cake pans. And chocolate is the best choice for Valentine's Day. Happy Heart Day.

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathleen,
    Happy Heart Day to You!
    This is my test cake for Valentine's Day.
    The older I get the more I appreciate the Nordic Ware pans. What I sorely lack in decorating skills the pan will make up for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dar,
    I literally gasped when I saw this cake. How beautiful it is. I loved how you put it together with the sugar and liquer.
    Love it.
    Love,
    Char

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Char,
    You would enjoy making this cake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cake Dar, bet it tasted just as good as it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anne, How can you go wrong with chocolate?
    Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how I wish you lived nearby. This cake is stunning (not unlike all your cakes!!!). So the batter is all the same, but you got the variation in color by adding sugar to the pattern? Very interesting - I love the effect.

    RE my chocolate chip cookie recipe - I'm so glad you liked it. They're so yummy.

    I hope you have a nice weekend.
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, Patricia, the batter is all the same and you can used fine colored sugars to bring color into the look of the cake.
    Your chocolate chip cookies are fantastic.I hope that eveyone tries out the recipe.
    Looking forward to the weekend, trust that you are to. Thanks for writing.
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete