Friday, November 18, 2011

Rose's Heavenly Cakes ~ The Fruit Cake Wreath ~ 2011

Rose's Heavenly Cakes ~ Fruit Cake Wreath Holidays 2011
Well, it is that time again to bake your Fruit Cake in anticipation of the Holidays.
I made this today and will wrap it in rum drenched cheese cloth, plastic wrap and then foil, to bring out when the Fruit Cake mood strikes. Truly one of the best ones that I have eaten. I did make the ribbon with the candied pineapple again this year, my signature look for the Wreath Fruit Cake.
 Happy Holidays to all,
 Darlene

4 comments:

  1. I really love your special touch of the candied pineapple ribbon. I have yet to try this fruitcake - too many childhood memories of bad fruitcake, but I know Rose's recipe is likely 1000 times better.

    Hope you have a lovely week!!

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia,
    Thanks for saying. Hope that your week is lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely, Darlene. I'm getting ready to make a fruitcake, also, but it won't last until Christmas. As soon as my husband knows I'm baking it, he's waiting for it to come out of the oven. Some years, I make a second one to have one for Christmas!

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathleen,
    Thank you, No two ways about it, either you love them or hate them, but this fruit cake is special. Rum soaked candied fruits and nuts galore.
    Russ knows that whatever you make is worth the wait. Happy Holidays to you.
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete